Milton Keynes City Council will begin an 8-week consultation this month to cover proposed enhancements to Bletchley and Fenny Stratford’s public realm.

Views of residents and businesses are being sought to consult regarding the direction of the Bletchley and Fenny Stratford Town Deal.

MK City Council state that the deal seeks to make best use of the area’s current and future growth prospects.

Funding for the project comes from the £22.7 million grant awarded by the central UK government in 2020, with the money intended to deliver several projects which capitalise on the opportunities presented by the development of the East-West rail link and it’s link into Bletchley railway station.

The consultation on public realm improvements in Bletchley and Fenny Stratford will set out a strategy for proposed enhancements to Queensway and Saxon Street in Bletchley, and Aylesbury Street in Fenny Stratford.

MK City Council say that the consultation is planned to run for 8-weeks, from 27 July until 22 September 2024, with the intention being to raise awareness of the town Deal programme and look for local views from residents and businesses on the public realm schemes planned for the town.

Plans intended by the current version MK City Council are proposing includes wider structural change to the layout and movement patterns within the town centre in order to improve connections between Queensway and the train station, making the town centre more accessible by train and for those visiting Bletchley Park.

Other ideas intended include improvements to parking on Bletchley’s High Streets and Transport Hub improvements, including Bletchley’s Bus Station.

During the consultation period, a range of materials will be published via social media, mailouts, electronic information boards, online and at events.

Cllr Lauren Townsend, Cabinet member for Resources and Customer Experience and newly announced Deputy Leader of MK City Council, said, “We are passionate about working with the people, and local businesses, of Bletchley and Fenny Stratford to deliver the Town Deal projects and create a thriving, affordable and attractive place for people to live and work.

“The structural changes to the town’s high streets will help generate positive tourism and long-term investment into the heart of Bletchley and fenny Stratford.

Northampton Town have announced the signing of defender Jack Baldwin from Scottish side Ross County.

The 31-year-old has joined the Cobblers for an undisclosed fee and signed a two year contract with the side from Sixfields.

Baldwin moves after three seasons in Scotland, having joined Ross County from Bristol Rovers in 2021. He made 102 appearances for the side from Dingwall.

Before joining Ross County, Baldwin had spent time with Hartlepool, Peterborough, Sunderland and Bristol Rovers, as well as a loan spell at Salford City.

Baldwin is the fifth new arrival at Sixfields ahead of the new season, and he follows last week’s signings of James Wilson, Nik Tzanev, Callum Morton and Cameron McGeehan.

Northampton manager Jon Brady told the club’s website that he was happy to bring Baldwin to bolster his numbers in central defence.

He said, “Jack is a real leader, an organiser and someone we are delighted to welcome to the club.

“He is a brave defender, someone who wins his fair share of tackles and blocks but he can play too.

“He is a good age, with a good pedigree and a lot of experience, playing at a number of different levels both in England and Scotland.

“Jack will come in and be part of a good group of central defenders in the squad and we are very pleased to welcome him to Sixfields.”

Police officers are appealing for witnesses following an incident of inappropriate behaviour at Silverstone race circuit.

The incident happened between 8pm and 10pm yesterday (July 7) in the main stage area at the Silverstone track, with the incident happening a few hours after the British Grand Prix Formula One race.

Northamptonshire Police have stated as part of their appeal that a man was reported to have been inappropriately touching women.

As part of their appeal, the police force confirmed that a 36-year-old man has been arrested in connection with this incident and remains in police custody at this time. 

Witnesses or anyone with any information that could help police with their inquiries should contact Northamptonshire Police on 101.

People who are getting in contact are asked to quote incident number 555 of 7/7/24 when passing on any information to make sure it gets to the right person as quickly as possible.

A water park in Milton Keynes has announced they will open for free if England win the European football championships.

Aqua Parcs at Willen Lake in MK made the pledge ahead of Wednesday night’s (10/07) semi-final for England against the Netherlands. The Three Lions booked their place in the last 4 after beating Switzerland on penalties in the quarter finals last Saturday.

A win against the Dutch will see Gareth Southgate’s team progress to the final in Berlin on Sunday 14th July, where they could face either France or Spain, depending on the result in their own semi-final on Tuesday.

To commemorate what could be a historic win for England, Aqua Parcs will offer free access to its popular water park on Monday 15 July between 3pm and 6pm. Spaces will be a first come first served basis.

Kieron, Joint Owner at Aqua Parcs, said, “We are incredibly excited at the prospect of our national team making it to the final and winning this year’s Euros.

“We want to extend this joy to our community and what better way to do so than by inviting everyone to enjoy a day of fun at Aqua Parcs for free? It’s our way of celebrating this monumental achievement with everyone.”

Aqua Parcs is aimed as a summer destination that offers a range of exciting water-based activities suitable for ages 6+ aimed at everyone from adrenaline junkie eager to tackle the obstacle courses or a family looking for a fun-filled day out.

Further details about booking and preparing for a visit can be found at www.aquaparcs.co.uk

Police are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision on the A5 in Milton Keynes.

The incident happened at around 10.30am yesterday (6/7) on the southbound carriageway.

A white Mercedes had joined the road from A509 Portway when it collided with the central barrier and came to rest in the opposite carriageway.

The driver, who has been confirmed by Thames Valley Police as a 46-year-old man, sadly died at the scene despite the efforts of South Central Ambulance Service. His next of kin are being supported by specially trained officers.

Investigating officer PC Amy Harnett, of the Joint Operations Roads Policing Unit, said, “Very sadly, as a result of this collision, a man had died. The thoughts of all of us at Thames Valley Police are with their family at this extremely upsetting time.

“At this time this collision is not being treated as suspicious but I am appealing for any witnesses to this incident to please come forward and assist us with our enquiries.

“I am particularly looking to hear from anyone who may have been travelling southbound on the A5 and who has dash-cam which has captured the collision, or the moments leading up to it, to please contact us in case it has captured something that could help our investigation.

“You can make a report online, or by calling 101, quoting reference 43240319737.

“Alternatively, contact independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111 or via its website.”

Syndication Feeds

feed-image Feed Entries

Syndication Feeds (atom)

feed-image Feed Entries