Luton Town will have a home tie against National League outfit Forest Green Rovers in the First Round of the FA Cup.

The Hatters had been drawn at home to face the winners of last night’s (13/10) First Round tie between Worthing and Forest Green Rovers, with the draw taking place at Worthing’s ground ahead of the tie.

Forest Green Rovers’ consequent 4-1 victory in Sussex to beat the Mackerel Men means that the side from Gloucestershire managed by former Welsh international midfielder Robbie Savage will be making the trip to Kenilworth Road.

The match will take place on the weekend around Saturday November 1st, with the specific kick-off date and time, ticket information and details of any TV coverage to be announced in due course.

The match will be Luton’s first encounter with Forest Green Rovers since 2018, with the Hatters having met Forest Green Rovers in the 2017/18 season, at a time when both were in League Two. Luton won both contests that season, with the match at Kenilworth Road ending in a 3-1 win for the Bedfordshire-based club.

Forest Green Rovers currently sit second in the National League, having picked up 29 points from their opening 14 games.

Luton Airport have announced they will begin a programme to resurface the airport’s runway.

Essential runway resurfacing works are to be undertaken at the airport, beginning on 3 November 2025. Luton Airport have said that work to upgrade the durability and performance of the runway is necessary to ensure the continued safety and efficiency of airport operations and to ensure that they continue to meet regulatory safety requirements.

All works will take place overnight between 00:01 and 05:45, Monday to Friday, with airport saying this is to minimise disruption. During this time, the runway will be closed to all aircraft movements. The project is expected to run for approximately five months.

The £18 million project forms part of the long-term investment in the airport and will be carried out by Lagan Aviation and Infrastructure, a contractor highly experienced in airfield projects.

Neil Thompson, Chief Operations Office at London Luton Airport, said, “We recognise that projects of this scale can raise questions or concerns, particularly around noise disturbance and light pollution. While some disruption is unavoidable, every effort will be made to keep this to a minimum and we will closely monitor noise levels throughout the project. Wherever possible, materials will be reused to reduce both waste and the movement of vehicles. We would like to thank local residents for their understanding and cooperation as we complete this essential upgrade.”

London Luton Airport has written to more than 25,000 households to notify them of the work. Any questions regarding the project should be emailed to [email protected] or sent in writing to London Luton Airport, Runway Resurfacing Project, Percival House, Percival Way, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU2 9NU.

Northampton Town are to visit Oldham Athletic in the First Round of the FA Cup.

The Cobblers will visit Boundary Park on the weekend surrounding Saturday 1 November, as per the result of the FA Cup First Round draw made yesterday (13/10). Specific kick-off date and time, ticket information and details of any TV coverage will be announced in due course.

Oldham Athletic are back in League Two this season, having won promotion from the National League via the play-offs last season. The Latics are currently 15th in the League Two table.

The match will be Northampton’s first encounter with Oldham since 2022, when Northampton won 2-0 at Oldham’s Boundary Park near the end of a season that saw Oldham endure relegation.

Northampton are aiming to overcome a poor recent run of form in the FA Cup. The Cobblers have been knocked out in the First Round of the FA Cup in every season since a run to the 4th Round in the 2019/20 season.

Milton Keynes Museum has revealed it will be hosting a series of events during half-term, which this year coincides with Halloween.

Among the events on their schedule this year will be delivering a Victorian themed event too, being done for the first time ever.

In addition, popular local performance troupe The Black Sheep Collective will be occupying the Street of Shops with perfectly eerie interactive performances. These take place in the build-up to Halloween at 12-2pm daily, October 27-October 31.

In a statement, MK Museum said that there will also be ghost-themed displays in their Street of Shops. They said, “There have been some spooky goings on, reports of shadows, strange noises and people going missing in the street of shops. Meet George the paperboy, Betty the Butcher and Victor the V… who disappears into the shadows. All have their own story to tell, if you are brave enough to listen!”

In the farmhouse area of the museum, the Parlour will be dressed with all kinds of authentic decoration from the time when Queen Victoria occupied the throne.

Elsewhere, Halloween activities are running – including cookie decorating, and the chance to make your own witch’s hat. Museum volunteers will be dressing to scare, too.

Furthermore, there will be extra events including a Spooky Singalong with Lingotot (Oct 29), Victorian-inspired henna design candle painting (Oct 30) and – coinciding with Black History Month – Cultural storyteller Chinwe will explain the meaning behind Adinkra Symbols from Ghanaian Culture, cross referencing them with objects from the servant’s room (Oct 31).

“It’s frightening how quickly Halloween is upon us, but we are ready for it and can promise everyone who visits the Museum this half term a thoroughly creepy time!” promised deputy director Surbhi Bhambri, “We’ve got a full week of freaky and fabulous events and activities planned, which will be spine-chillingly great, and perfect for all ages!”

There is ample free parking for broomsticks – and cars – at the Museum.

Pay once at the Museum and you can visit for free for a whole year.

For more information visit www.miltonkeynesmuseum.org.uk

Luton Town have confirmed former Arsenal and England midfielder Jack Wilshere will be the club’s new first team manager.

Wilshere, 33, has signed a contract of undisclosed length at Kenilworth Road as the Hatters’ successor to Matt Bloomfield, who was dismissed as Luton’s Head Coach last week after a slow start to the 2025/26 League Two season.

The Hatters have also confirmed that Chris Powell will serve as his assistant manager, bringing in a man who previously served as a first-team manager at Charlton and Huddersfield, as well as working in coaching roles with the England national team, Spurs and Sheffield Wednesday among others.

The move is Wilshere’s first appointment as a first team manager or head coach. After retiring from the game due to persistent injury issues, Wilshere had moved into coaching, having previously served as a head coach of Arsenal’s under-18s team and working as an assistant at Norwich City last season, taking care of the final games of the season after Norwich dismissed Johannes Hoff Thorup.

Wilshere’s move sees him make a full circle return to Luton, having begun his playing career in the Hatters’ academy set up before moving to Arsenal at age 9 in the early 2000s. He made close to 200 first team appearances for Arsenal, winning 2 FA Cups in the mid-2010s and also winning 34 England national team caps.

The move sees Wilshere become Luton’s third permanent manager or head coach of 2025, after the Hatters dismissed Rob Edwards in January and Bloomfield last week. The club currently sit 11th in the League One table after 11 matches, with the Hatters having been relegated in each of the last two seasons to fall from the Premier League to English football’s third tier.

In a statement on the Luton Town website, Wilshere voiced his excitement at becoming the club’s new boss.

He said, “It’s a huge honour and a privilege to be named Luton Town manager. It feels like a full-circle moment for me. I was eight when I first came to Luton as a boy, so I guess you could say it’s fate that my first full-time club managerial position is at this club.

“I couldn’t be more delighted to be here – I can’t wait to manage this football club.

“This Club’s story inspires me. Built on belief, unity, and hard work. The Club have shown incredible character on and off the pitch in recent times, and I’m honoured to lead to take the responsibility to lead this group into the future.

“There’s so much of the season still to play for and I’m excited about getting to work and putting my own stamp on things, and moving this club forward in a positive direction.

“I want to give the Luton fans a team they can be proud of, and the work to do that starts today.”

Luton Town CEO Gary Sweet added, “Jack’s passion, intelligence, and modern approach to the game align perfectly with the values and ambitions of Luton Town. His experience at the highest level and commitment to developing talent make him the ideal fit for our next chapter.

“Luton has always been a part of his journey, and as a club renowned for giving young coaches their break in management, we are so pleased to welcome him back.

“He already knows a number of our squad, and as a Board we are all excited at the prospect of seeing his career progress alongside someone as respected in the game as Chris.”

Syndication Feeds

feed-image Feed Entries

Syndication Feeds (atom)

feed-image Feed Entries