
Red Bull made it 3 wins in 4 races as Max Verstappen was victorious at the US Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas in Texas.
Having won the previous day’s sprint race, Verstappen made it 2 wins in 2 in Austin in 2025 by winning the full distance US Grand Prix. The result means he picked up the maximum 33 points on offer for Grand Prix and sprint winner, in a result that sees him continue to close in on championship leader Oscar Piastri.
With 5 races remaining, 2 of which include sprints, Verstappen now sits on 306 points, meaning he is 40 points behind championship leader Oscar Piastri. The reigning world champion had been over 100 points behind Piastri after the Australian McLaren driver won the Dutch Grand Prix back in August. There is a maximum of 141 points available for the rest of the 2025 season.
Meanwhile, teammate Yuki Tsunoda added points to be board with a 7th place finish, equalling his result in Saturday’s sprint race. He sits 16th in the standings, have scored 28 points in the season so far.
While Red Bull remain fourth in the Constructor’s Championship, the Milton Keynes-based team are locked in a tight battle for second. They currently sit on 331 points, moving in to just 10 points behind second place Mercedes, who have 341. Ferrari are in-between the two teams with 334.
Having taken pole in Saturday’s qualifying session, Verstappen duly completed the job on Sunday. The Dutchman held the lead despite a spirited early charge by Charles Leclerc, then held it through, leading every single lap of the race and winning by just under 8 seconds to McLaren’s Lando Norris, who passed Leclerc in the final stages.
Tsunoda was involved in a slightly more eventful afternoon. From 13th on the grid, the Japanese driver started sprightly, making up 3 places to move into the top 10 straight away. He then gained a further place when he passed the Haas of Ollie Bearman, before making up a further two places after a collision between Carlos Sainz and Andrea Kimi Antonelli, which ended Sainz’s day early and saw Antonelli fall to the back.
After pitting, Tsunoda then got involved in another incident of note when Bearman span while attempting to pass him, with the British driver in the Haas complaining that Tsunoda had played a part in why. But the stewards opted not to investigate, and Tsunoda completed the job to drive onwards to 7th, slotting in-between Mercedes’ George Russell and Nico Hulkenberg in the Sauber.
There was one further element to the day for Red Bull, who received an FIA fine for a team member returning to the grid without permission. The team were fined 50,000 Euros, of which 25,000 Euros is suspended for the rest of the campaign provided no similar incidents happen in the rest of 2025.
The team member was found to have entered the grid during the formation lap to try to remove tape placed on the pit wall by McLaren to mark Norris’ starting position, which is a tactic he has been using at recent races. While removing the tape is not against the rules, entering the track during the formation lap was found to have been in breach.
Red Bull now face a quick turnaround as they chase a fourth win in five races next time out, when F1 heads to Mexico City for a race at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez next weekend.

MK Dons boss Paul Warne was pleased with his side’s work as they registered a 3-1 victory over Crewe Alexandra at Stadium MK.
Will Collar and an Alex Gilbey double did the job for Warne’s side, who have now won four matches in a row in League Two to rise up to second place in the table.
Speaking after the match was done, Warne said he was very pleased with his side’s display in grabbing goals at key moments to get the job done.
He said, “We’ve just go to win the game, put it to bed and move onto the next one. I do think we can play better at times but then in fairness, when you’ve got a lead, the opposition just keep coming at you and they have nothing to lose. Mostly, what they asked us, we had pretty good answers. We just got a bit more control midway through the second half where I just felt we needed to take an extra pass and stay on the bill a bit.
“We got the goals at good times. There’s no bad times but I’m pleased with the lads. I think they worked really hard today. In fairness to Crewe, they’re younger, possibly fitter, which kills me to say, they’re mobile, stretched us and asked questions at times, but the lads hung in there and come the end of the season, hopefully they’ll be 3 big points.”
Four wins in a row in the league have lifted Warne’s side into second position in the table, but while Warne said he wasn’t getting carried away, he said he was pleased the team were gelling nicely in a system with three at the back, which they had deployed in recent weeks for this run.
He said, “You don’t get promoted in October and have just go to keep going. The system suits the lads a little bit and they look a little more assured, while the lads out of the team through injury or bad form are now brushing at my door to get back in. But I think they’re performing at a pretty reasonable level.
“Even 4/5 weeks ago, I wasn’t stressed out and thought we’d get there eventually. It takes time and we had a lot of change of staff and players and by all means, I don’t think we’ve sussed it. But I do think we look pretty strong in most of the games and the last 4 we’ve won, we’ve been more than handsome for the win, which is great news.”
He said, “It’s working at the moment, however, the next game night not need that and might need a 4-3-3, plus I’ve got people like Rush (Rushian Hepburn-Murphy) and that desperate to get back in the team. It’s about picking a system that wins games. It isn’t about my ego or my coaches’ egos, it’s about how we think we can win the game, what shape suits us the best, who’s in form or available and what the opposition do.
“Fortunately, in the last few weeks, our system and the lads’ performances have contributed to wins, which is great.”
The Dons’ win came on a weekend where several of the teams around them suffered defeats, and Warne said it reflected that League Two would continue to be a chaotic one for the remainder of the campaign.
He said, “There’s been some crazy results today and if anything sums up this league, it’s if you look today. There’s been a lot of sendings off and a lot of freak results and it seems like anyone can beat anyone on their day. For us to go on this little mini-run is great. I do think we can play better, but maybe an optimist, a purist or chasing unicorns, but at the end of the day, we won, this game’s done and I don’t think we have any injury concerns.
”Generally, I’m pleased for the lads. It was a lot of work today.”

Red Bull picked up a win in the sprint race as part of the US Grand Prix in Texas, with Max Verstappen taking the win in the Saturday race.
A chaotic sprint saw both Verstappen’s championship rivals Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri taken out in a lap one crash, and Verstappen was able to capitalise with a victory that sees him gain on the two McLarens in the championship, taking the 8 points for a sprint win on a day when the top two in the standings both failed to score points.
It would be double points for Red Bull in the sprint, as Yuki Tsunoda managed a flying start to recover from 18th on the grid to take a 7th place finish, earning 2 points.
Ahead of the full United States Grand Prix later today (19/10), Verstappen remains third in the championship with 281 points. He is 55 points behind championship leader Piastri, with 25 on offer for a win in the main race. Teammate Tsunoda is 16th with 22 points.
In the Constructor’s Championship, the combined 10 points brings Red Bull up to 300 points. The Milton Keynes-based team remain in a close fight for second in the championship, with Red Bull 7 points behind third place Ferrari and 33 off second place Mercedes.
The sprint race at the US Grand Prix had seen Verstappen start from pole after setting the fastest time in Friday night’s sprint qualifying session, while Tsunoda was knocked out in the first part after hitting traffic and being unable to set a second lap.
Lap one of the sprint would provide huge chaos. While Verstappen nailed his start and had no bother, there was chaos behind. A collision at turn one between Piastri’s McLaren and the Sauber of Nico Hulkenberg caused a major chain reaction, with Piastri hitting Norris and both McLarens out on the spot.
Tsunoda would also be involved in his own drama, with the Japanese driver making a dive into turn one that saw him make slight contact with a Racing Bulls, but also saw him navigate his way through a situation with cars all over the place to jump up. In that, Tsunoda also collected the front wing of Hulkenberg’s Sauber, which it then shed later on in the lap.
The Red Bull had briefly got up to 7th, but was leapfrogged by Alex Albon’s Williams just before the safety car was deployed with Piastri, Norris and Aston Martin’s Fernando Alonso all out.
The safety car ended on lap 5 and on the first lap after, Verstappen did get a challenge. Mercedes’ George Russell, who had got up to second after the initial trouble, made a huge move into turn 12 at the end of the back straight, with both the Red Bull and Mercedes having to go off the track. Verstappen came back on ahead, and duly established a gap back to Russell over the remainder of the race.
Tsunoda meanwhile remained in situ, with the second Red Bull unable to match the pace of Albon and the two Ferraris ahead but able to stay clear of the squabbling Ollie Bearman and Andrea Kimi Antonelli behind.
Both Red Bull’s positions looked like being set before the final laps were held under a second safety car of the day, with it deployed after Lance Stroll collided with Esteban Ocon at turn one, breaking both the Aston Martin and Haas in the process.
That duly saw Verstappen take the win, earning his second sprint race win of 2025 after winning the race in Belgium in the summer.
Red Bull’s attention now quickly turns to the full US Grand Prix, also taking place at the Circuit of the Americas later today (19/10). After Saturday evening’s qualifying, Verstappen will again start from pole position, with his first lap in Q3 being enough to take pole despite a miscommunication seeing him unable to do a second lap. Tsunoda meanwhile starts 13th.

The BBC have confirmed that they will be broadcasting the FA Cup First Round tie between Brackley Town and Notts County.
One of the broadcaster’s two selections for TV broadcast in the FA Cup First Round is the tie at Brackley’s St James Park, which will be shown on BBC Two and BBC iPlayer on Saturday November 1st. Kick-off will be at 5:30pm.
Confirmation came on as the FA Cup broadcasters BBC and TNT Sports confirmed the 8 First Round ties selected for broadcast.
Each of the clubs involved in the televised ties will receive a £50,000 fee.
The Saints confirmed their place in the FA Cup First Round in midweek after a 6-2 win over Woking in their replay. Brackley had previously been held to a 1-1 draw by their fellow National League side in an away tie in Surrey a few days earlier.
Victory saw Brackley reach the FA Cup First Round for the seventh time in the club’s history, with the Saints’ best run seeing them reach the Second Round on four previous occasions, including last season. They have managed cup upsets against EFL sides before, knocking out a then-League One Gillingham in the 2013-14 season and again in the 2016-17 campaign.
Their First Round opponents Notts County currently sit in 9th place in the League Two table, having beaten Barnet yesterday in North London. They sit just two points off the play-offs. The Magpies are one time winners of the FA Cup, lifting the trophy in 1894.

Luton Town’s FA Cup tie against Forest Green Rovers has been chosen for TV broadcast by TNT Sports.
The Hatters’ tie will be the first match of the First Round, with TNT Sport moving the match at Kenilworth Road to Friday 31 October. The match will be a 7:30pm kick-off.
Forest Green Rovers’ 4-1 victory in Sussex against Worthing in the FA Cup qualifying rounds means that the side from Gloucestershire managed by former Welsh international midfielder Robbie Savage will be making the trip to Kenilworth Road. They currently sit 5th in the National League table.
The match will be Luton’s first FA Cup tie under the management of Jack Wilshere, who was confirmed as Luton manager last week as a replacement for Matt Bloomfield.
Luton will be taking on Forest Green Rovers for the first time since 2018, with the Hatters having only met Forest Green Rovers once before during the 2017/18 season, at a time when both teams were in League Two. Luton won both contests that season, with the match at Kenilworth Road ending in a 3-1 win for the Bedfordshire-based club.