
Police have sought to reassure the public after a large amount of blood was spotted outside Milton Keynes Central railway station.
The incident came after police were called to an incident outside the train station earlier today (21/10), with an area cordoned off and photos appearing on social media regarding the situation.
In a statement on social media, Thames Valley Police said the issue related to an individual having a medical emergency and that they were not investigating further.
The statement read, “We want to reassure the public that police were called following concerns about a large amount of blood found outside Milton Keynes Train Station.
“The area was initially cordoned off, which led to a high police presence at the scene.
“Our enquiries have since confirmed that the incident was medical in nature — an individual experienced a medical episode which resulted in significant blood loss.
“The person was treated by South Central Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust and taken to Milton Keynes Hospital for further care.
“We can confirm that no criminal investigation is taking place in connection with this incident.”

Pizza Hut is to close 3 delivery outlets in Milton Keynes as part of a financial restructuring program.
The American pizza chain will be closing delivery outlets in Bletchley, Oldbrook and Wolverton, with the locations being closed as part of a restructuring program that will see 68 restaurants and 11 delivery outlets closed down. A full sit-down restaurant at the centre:mk in Central Milton Keynes will remain open.
The move will see over 1,200 jobs lost nationwide as part of the restructuring deal, which has been orchestrated after Pizza Hut’s previous UK franchise owner DC London Pie Ltd fell into administration earlier this year. DC London Pie Ltd had brought Pizza Hut’s UK business in January, after the prior franchise holder had fallen into insolvency.
American food corporation Yum! Brands, which owns the global Pizza Hut business, confirmed that they had bought the UK restaurant operation earlier this week in a pre-pack administration deal, saving 64 restaurant sites.
A spokesperson for Pizza Hut UK told the BBC, “We are pleased to secure the continuation of 64 sites to safeguard our guest experience and protect the associated jobs.”
Pizza Hut had first opened in the UK in London in 1973, having been founded in Texas 15 years earlier. At its peak during the 2000s, it had over 400 branches in the UK.

Local fire services attended a major scrap yard fire in Milton Keynes.
Three crews, two from West Ashland and one from Broughton, were mobilised alongside an Aerial Appliance from West Ashland and two officers after the initial reports of a fire at a single-storey commercial scrap metal building. The fire broke out at a premises located on Summerson Road in the Bleak Hall area of the city.
The fire was at the commercial building that was approximately 30meters x 15meters in size, located within a scrap yard. Involved in the fire were lithium-ion and lead-ion batteries, while there was also presence of asbestos within the building structure.
Firefighters isolated the electrical supply and deployed an environmental grab pack and onsite interceptors to contain water run-off. Environmental Health was notified due to the hazardous materials involved.
Firefighters used the following equipment and procedures:
- Four sets of breathing apparatus
- One main jet
- Thermal imaging camera
- Aerial Appliance (West Ashland)
- Decontamination procedures due to asbestos exposure
The roof and external cladding sustained approximately 20% fire damage. Thames Valley Police were also in attendance.
Crews remained on scene for an extended period to carry out damping down operations and monitor for residual hotspots.
A fire investigation officer was also requested.

The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for strong wind and rain in the Milton Keynes area later this week.
Warnings are in place for Thursday (23/10), when a low-pressure system is forecast to cross the UK, heralding unsettled weather in England and Wales.
The warning for heavy rain is in place between midnight and 9pm on October 23rd, while the corresponding warning for wind is in place from 9am on October 23rd until the end of the day.
Risk of heavy rain is in place for areas of southern and eastern parts of Britain.
Under the guidance, people are advised to look out for spray and flooding on roads leading to difficult driving conditions and increased chance of accidents, making journey times longer. People are also advised that public transport could be affected in places with some journey times taking longer and that flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely.
In addition, strong winds may cause travel disruption and some damage across eastern England during Thursday.
Under the yellow warning guidance by the Met Office, there is a slight chance of some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs and there is a small chance that some roads and bridges could close.
The advice continues that there is a small chance of longer journey times or cancellations as road, rail, air and ferry services are affected, that there is a slight chance that power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage, and that there is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris.
There is a small chance that injuries and danger to life could occur from large waves and beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties.
Dan Harris, Deputy Chief Meteorologist with the Met Office, said in a statement that the weather is expected to arrive in different phases. Harris also advised that there was likely to be late-notice adjustments due to the nature of the unsettled weather.
Harris said, “Low pressure moving across the south of the UK on Thursday will bring both a spell of heavy rain and areas of strong winds.”
“The rain is expected to arrive from the southwest during Wednesday evening, before spreading northeast to many parts of England and Wales during Thursday, leading to difficult driving conditions and the risk of flooding in a few places. At the same time, winds are expected to pick up along south coastal areas in particular. However, it is not until Thursday morning that significantly strong northwesterly winds will first begin to affect parts of the west with gusts of 45 to 55 mph, locally 65mph around coasts expected. A little later, northerly winds are expected to develop more widely across eastern areas, most likely of similar strength, but there is a small chance of gusts in excess of 70mph should the low pressure system end up being at the stronger end of expectations.
“It is worth noting that there is a greater than usual uncertainty surrounding the track and intensity of this low-pressure system, so the public should stay up to date with the latest forecasts and warnings as the situation evolves, with adjustments to the forecasts likely at short notice.”

Representatives of Willen Hospice joined MPs in Westminster last week as part of Hospice UK’s national campaign launch calling for urgent reform of hospice funding.
Kate Broadhurst, CEO of Willen Hospice was at Parliament in support of the Fair Funding for Hospices campaign, which sets out a four-point plan to make hospice funding fair, transparent and sustainable, ensuring everyone in the UK can access high-quality palliative and end-of-life care.
Broadhurst, met with Milton Keynes’ 3 MPs Callum Anderson, Emily Darlington and Chris Curtis to share how national reform could transform hospice care for people across Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas.
In a statement, she said, “We’re proud to represent Milton Keynes in Westminster, standing alongside Hospice UK to call for a fair and sustainable funding model for hospice care.
“At Willen Hospice, we provide vital support for many local people every year, yet only 12.7% of our costs are met through ongoing NHS funding. The proposed reform would allow us to focus on caring for patients and families rather than constantly bridging the funding gaps.”
Hospice UK’s plan calls for:
1. Full NHS funding for specialist palliative care provided by hospices.
2. Fair, multi-year NHS contracts that reflect the real cost of services.
3. Parity in pay awards so hospice staff receive equivalent pay rises to NHS colleagues.
4. Fair access everywhere so people’s postcodes don’t determine the quality of care they can access.
Toby Porter, Chief Executive of Hospice UK, said, “Willen Hospice is a powerful example of why reform is urgently needed. Despite providing exceptional care for its community, it receives barely half the national average in NHS funding. This kind of inequity exists across the country and threatens the sustainability of services that thousands of families depend on. The government must act to create a fair, consistent funding system so every hospice can plan confidently for the future.”
Willen Hospice have said that as well as supporting this national approach, they would continue to lobby locally for equitable funding from the Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes Integrated Care Board (ICB).
In additional remarks, Broadhurst added, “National reform will take time, but change can also start locally. We’re working closely with our ICB, Milton Keynes University Hospital and community nursing partners to secure fairer funding in the short term and ensure every person in the Milton Keynes area receives the compassionate care they deserve.”
Chris Curtis, MP for Milton Keynes North, said, “Willen Hospice is a cornerstone of our community, and I know from first-hand experience just how compassionate and dedicated their staff are, and how much they help people through some of the most difficult times in their lives. They provide vital care and support to individuals and families when they need it most. It’s essential that we secure a long-term funding settlement so that Willen can continue their invaluable work for many years to come.”
Emily Darlington, MP for Milton Keynes Central, added, “Everyone deserves access to high-quality palliative care, wherever they live. Willen Hospice does incredible work supporting people and families across Milton Keynes, but it’s clear that the current funding system isn’t fair. I fully support the campaign for a sustainable national approach to hospice funding, so hospices like Willen can keep delivering the care our community depends on.”
Callum Anderson, MP for Buckingham and Bletchley, added, “Willen Hospice provides exceptional care and support for local families across Milton Keynes, often at the most difficult times in their lives. Their work embodies compassion and community. It’s essential that hospices like Willen are given fair, sustainable funding so they can continue providing this vital service. I’m pleased to support their call for reform through Hospice UK’s campaign.”