Luton Town midfielder Liam Walsh has had a five game ban revoked after his appeal against a red card shown in the Hatters’ last game was successful.

Walsh was shown a straight red card for a shove on Luis Binks during the Hatters’ match against Coventry City last Saturday.

As this was Walsh’s third red card of the season, this would’ve seen him handed a five game ban, which included this weekend’s final game of the season against West Bromwich Albion and then the first four games of next season.

However, following an FA hearing, Walsh will now be available for Luton’s trip to The Hawthorns on Saturday and the first four games of next season with his suspension revoked.

A statement by the FA read, “Luton Town’s Liam Walsh will be available for their next five matches after a claim of wrongful dismissal was upheld by an independent Regulatory Commission. The midfielder was sent off for violent conduct on Saturday, 26 April, during their EFL Championship match against Coventry City.”

Walsh had previously been sent off twice this season, having been sent off during a game against Oxford in October and a match against Blackburn in December. In recent weeks, he had become a regular starter, with Matt Bloomfield selecting him from the start in 8 of the Hatters’ last 9 games.

Luton face a big game at West Brom on Saturday, with the Hatters one point above the relegation zone going into the final day of the season and knowing a win will guarantee their survival in the Championship.

Milton Keynes City Council have announced the return of the Midsummer Festival event in the city centre, which will take place in June.

The free event will happen on 22 June, with a day of music, food, interactive art and magical experiences for the whole family.

Following a successful debut that welcomed more than 7,000 visitors last year, the Festival is back with even more to discover — this time drawing on themes of fantasy, folklore and fairytales. Giant mischievous puppets will roam the site, enthralling stories will be told, and there’s a host of things to make and do in Festival Pavilions.

Multiple activities will run throughout the day and evening, whatever the weather, including the Orbitza – a twilight spectacular where giant totem puppets and a labyrinth of light create a sanctuary for reflection, play and wonder.

100 Miles of String is Leap Then Look’s epic interactive art project invites everyone to weave sunbeams across the boulevard, building a giant web of colour and light.

A Hip-Hop Ceilidh Jam will feature folk dance remixed mash-up traditional dance with street styles, while Dancing ‘Hearthfolk’ sees puppets bring mischief, fun and good-luck charms, while the Midsummer Machine celebrates the solar system in all its glory.

The Faerie Ball and Barn Owl Journey features storytelling and mystical encounters inside the enchanting performance yurt.

The Wandering Oracles is roaming mystical fortune-telling machines invite you into a playful world of riddles and folklore.

The Pavilion of the Hopeful Sun encourages visitors to swap a memory for a seed and celebrate nature at the whimsical Ceremony of the Seed.

The Midsummer Music Tent features lcal folk legends and mellow sunset sounds curated by Dry Wood and SLQY.

Finally, food and drink options feature an expanded feast curated by local food blogger Sophie Etc., offering delicious options for everyone.

A full programme can be found at www.midsummer-festival.co.uk

Midsummer Boulevard East will be closed to traffic during the event, with diversions and alternative bus stops clearly signposted. Details will be published closer to the event.

Cllr Shanika Mahendran, Cabinet Member for Planning and Placemaking said, “We’re delighted to bring the FREE Midsummer Festival back after the huge success of its first year. This exciting programme will bring families and communities together to celebrate in a fun and magical atmosphere. I strongly encourage everyone to come along and be part of it.”

Milton Keynes Gallery will be hosting an exhibition dedicated to the works of acclaimed photographer Paz Errázuriz.

The first UK solo exhibition of Chilean photographer Errázuriz will present over 170 works in colour and black and white from the 1970s to the present day, with the photographs part of the Hidden Realities of Chile collection.

Paz Errázuriz: Dare to Look is open 19 July – 5 October 2025 at MK Gallery.

Errázuriz took her camera onto the street during General Pinochet’s dictatorship that ruled Chile from 1973 to 1998.

The photographs recorded prohibited subjects and breaking regulations and curfews imposed by the military regime.

In 1981, she was also one of the founding members of Chilean Association of Independent Photographers – providing a network of support to help distribute ‘unofficial’ images. Errázuriz often spends months or years within a community, building trust and getting to know her sitters before creating her work.

Often working in series, her photographs include men and women in psychiatric institutions, trans communities, sex workers, individuals sleeping unprotected in the street and the Kawésqar, an indigenous group whose culture and language are under threat. Other series feature circus workers, protesters, boxers, wrestlers, children and elders and dancers.

Errázuriz’s work can be seen in important international collections including Tate, MoMA, New York, the Guggenheim and Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofia, Madrid. She has received various national and international prizes, including the PhotoEspaña Prize in 2015, the year she also represented Chile at the Venice Biennale. In 2014 she received the Pablo Neruda Order of Merit, the highest cultural and artistic recognition given by the Chilean government.

This exhibition has been organised by Colecciones Fundación MAPFRE, in collaboration with MK Gallery.

MK Gallery said, “We would like to thank the Anglo-Chilean Society and the Chilean Embassy, London, for their generous support and guidance.”

Luton Town have announced plans to begin the construction of their new Power Court stadium.

The Hatters announced they intend to begin construction of their new 25,000 capacity stadium as a replacement for their historic Kenilworth Road ground, with the Hatters announcing they intend to move grounds by the start of the 2028/29 season.

To this end, Luton Town also announced that they have signed a pre-construction partnership with Limak International, whose work includes the renovation of Barcelona’s Camp Nou Stadium.

Gary Sweet, Chief Executive of Luton Town Football Club, said on the club’s official website that the news represented a major opportunity for the club.

Sweet said, “This is a transformative opportunity for the Club, helping us realise our ambitions to be a Premier League club again one day. We are united with the supporters on the need for a new stadium to move our Luton Town forward and we are delighted to be moving into this exciting construction phase.

“Importantly, this new stadium project roots us in our community, bringing jobs and investment as part of the wider regeneration of the area. Partnering with a company of Limak’s international standing offers us a global perspective with local delivery. We will collaborate closely with them to ensure the stadium reflects the spirit and needs of the community.

“It has been a long road to this point, but we are so excited at the prospect of welcoming our supporters to Power Court in the near future and the ability to extend our support base and enhance our unique match-day experience.”

The Hatters were previously granted planning permission in December 2024 to begin construction of the project, having first acquired the land upon which the stadium will be built in 2016.

Paul Stephens, Chair of Luton Town Supporters’ Trust, said, “This represents a major step forward for our Club – every fan will be excited at the idea of taking their seat at our new stadium, and now we have a clear path to this historic day, rooting us in the heart of the town while showing real ambition for the future. On behalf of our members, I welcome the Club’s contracting partnership with Limak International – especially one of such pedigree – and I’m sure I speak for all members when I say we can’t wait to see construction work on site.”

Hazel Simmons, Leader of Luton Borough Council, added, “The start of construction at Power Court is a significant milestone for our Club and our town. This development is about much more than football — it will unlock long-term regeneration, bring jobs, homes, and vitality back to the centre of Luton. We are proud to support Luton Town in making this vision a reality and are delighted Limak has been chosen to partner with the Club at this time.”

Milton Keynes City Council have asked for residents’ contributions to help map out a long-term financial strategy.

The City Council outlined its long-term financial stability strategy last week, which is intended to manage the ongoing financial pressures it faces, which includes a projected revenue budget shortfall of £32 million over the next three years.

The “Changing because we have to” strategy was published last week, which outlines plans by the City Council to manage finances in the 2026-29 financial period.

In a press release, the City Council said the revised strategy was intended to map out a revised future for the organisation. They said, “The new strategy sets out how the city council intends to become even more productive, improve the impact of its services, and do more in partnership with other organisations.”

Residents can provide any feedback on the strategy by 14 May by emailing [email protected]. A decision to adopt the strategy is planned for Tuesday 3 June.

Cllr Lauren Townsend, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance and Resources, said, “Milton Keynes City Council is a well-managed and financially stable council, but our outlook remains challenging especially as we manage high levels of need for social care and homelessness support. Our new strategy is necessary so that we can continue to balance our budget and provide essential services that local people value.

“Whilst nationally, many councils have had to rely on temporary emergency financial support from the government, Milton Keynes City Council continues to take proactive steps to avoid being in such a position.”

Syndication Feeds

feed-image Feed Entries

Syndication Feeds (atom)

feed-image Feed Entries