Milton Keynes City Council have announced plans for two new schools to be opened in the city.

This week, the City Council and the national government’s Department for Education have started the process to find education trusts to run two major new schools in Milton Keynes.

Developed by the City Council using funding from developers, the new schools will create more than 2,700 additional school places for local children.

A new primary school in Whitehouse South will cater for up to 630 pupils with a 39-place full-time equivalent (FTE) nursery on-site. Opening in September 2028, it will be the fifth school to open in this rapidly expanding area of the city, joining three existing primary schools and Watling Academy, a secondary rated Outstanding by Ofsted.

A new ‘all through’ school in Elverby, MK East will be one of the largest schools in the city, eventually providing more than 2,100 places for pupils aged 2 to 18 years. The primary phase will open in September 2027.

Both schools will include Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) units creating 48 dedicated school spaces between them.

In the past ten years, the City Council has created capacity for 13,409 new school places for local children; building seven new schools and helping 22 existing schools expand.

A formal decision to appoint Trusts to run the new schools will be made in Spring 2026, following a thorough process involving local education leaders and the Department for Education (DfE).

Councillor Joe Hearnshaw, Cabinet Member for Children and Young People, said, “We’re really excited to announce these two new schools that will be so important to our growing communities. Both sites will include specialist provision for children with additional needs which is an essential element of these inclusive schools.

“As Milton Keynes continues to expand, we will ensure that all families continue to have access to quality local schools. This year, all children who applied for school places within their catchment area were able to get them and we will strive to ensure that continues.”

Police have released a CCTV image of two men who officers would like to speak to in relation to a robbery in Milton Keynes.

The incident happened at around 3:20pm on Friday 11 April on the footpath alongside Unity Place and V6 Grafton Street.

Two men on bicycles approached a man in his 20s, before the men proceeded to steal the victim’s phone and injured his hand during the incident. They then left in the direction of the old bus station.

As part of their appeal, Thames Valley Police released a photo of two people they wished to speak to regarding the incident.

Investigating officer Detective Constable Grace Boland, said, “I am appealing to anyone who recognises the people in this image to please come forward as they may have vital information to assist us with our investigation.

“I am also appealing to anyone who witnessed this incident or has information that may assist us to please get in touch.

“Anyone with information should call 101 or make an online report, via our website, quoting crime reference number 43250177994.”

Former MK Dons academy player Kevin Danso played as Spurs won the Europa League earlier this week.

The 26-year-old appeared as a substitute as Spurs beat Manchester United 1-0 in Bilbao to win the Europa League trophy.

Spurs’ success means they have now won a trophy for the first time since winning the EFL Cup in 2008 and their first European trophy since winning the UEFA Cup in 1984.

Danso came on as a substitute, replacing match-winner Brennan Johnson as a 79th minute substitute.

The Austrian international toasted his side’s success on social media. He wrote, “Europa League champions!! 40+ years in the making, forever grateful to be part of this great team. Glory to God”, before later also writing “Living the dream. EUROPA LEAGUE WINNERS 2025! #coys”

Danso didn’t make a senior appearance for MK Dons but spent several years in the youth academy set-up with the English club after moving to Milton Keynes as a child.

He would leave MK Dons to join German side Augsburg in 2014 as a teenager, making his competitive debut with the side from southern Germany.

After loan spells with Southampton and Fortuna Dusseldorf, he made a permanent move to join French side Lens in 2021. He would make the move to North London to join Spurs in January, with the move seeing him move on loan with an obligation to make the move permanent at the end of the season. So far, he has made 14 appearances for Spurs.

Police are appealing for witnesses following a sexual assault in Milton Keynes.

The incident happened between 3pm and 4pm on Tuesday (20/5) near Redway at Woolstone Roundabout.

During the incident, a teenage girl was sexually assaulted near the Redway.

The offender is described by Thames Valley Police in their report as a man in his mid-twenties. He is between 5ft 6ins tall, of medium build and was wearing a blue jogging bottoms, a black t-shirt, and a dark coloured Nike backpack with a distinctive large white Nike logo on the back.

Investigating officer Detective Constable Christina Marlow said, “I am appealing to anybody who witnessed what happened, or saw the man before or after the incident, to please contact us.

“I would particularly like to hear from anybody who has dash-cam footage travelling across the Woolstone roundabout between 3pm and 4pm, which may have captured the incident or the man in the area before or after.

“Anybody with any information that may assist us is urged to contact Thames Valley Police, either online or by calling 101, quoting reference 43250248119.

“If you don’t want to speak directly with police, you can also call the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.”

Northampton Town have confirmed details of two pre-season friendlies ahead of the 2025/26 season, with the Cobblers facing Birmingham City and Brackley Town.

The match against Birmingham will take place on Saturday July 26th and will serve as a testimonial for club captain Sam Hoskins, who marks ten years this year since first joining the Cobblers.

The game is the second confirmed pre-season friendly for Kevin Nolan’s side, who previously announced they will be travelling to play National League North champions Brackley at St James’ Park on Saturday July 5th.

Northampton’s home friendly against Birmingham is confirmed by the club as set to be their final game before the start of the League One season, which is scheduled to be the week after.

The clash against the side who were runaway champions of League One in the just-concluded 2024/25 season will double as a celebration of Hoskins, who has made over 400 appearances since joining the club from Yeovil Town in 2015.

Hoskins said the game represented a great opportunity to prepare for the new season in a statement on the Northampton Town website.

He said, “I am really grateful to Birmingham City for agreeing to be the opposition for this game.

“There should be a lot of excitement around the game. It is being played the week before the season starts and just before Birmingham return to the Championship of course, so we are looking forward to seeing a good crowd at Sixfields.”

Ticket details for the match will be announced in due course.

The game is the second Cobblers’ friendly confirmed for July, with Northampton previously announcing their annual visit to Northamptonshire neighbours Brackley. The game comes as the Saints prepare to take part in the National League for the first time in their history next season, with Brackley promoted last season.

Northampton advised that supporters going to the Brackley match on July 5th should try to plan routes that avoid Silverstone, with the game taking place over the weekend of the British Grand Prix F1 race and therefore likely to see there be substantial traffic in the Silverstone area.

Syndication Feeds

feed-image Feed Entries

Syndication Feeds (atom)

feed-image Feed Entries