This is an example of the detailed local what's on information we will be bringing to Northampton on our website and in our regular on air community noticeboard feature when we launch in the Autumn.
Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, many regular events are not currently taking place so please check availability with the organisers.
- Karaoke. The Golden Horse, Far Cotton, 4pm to 7pm
- Acoustic Open Mic. The Woolpack, Rothwell from 9pm
- TCB Pub Quiz. Charles Bradlaugh, Npton, 8pm. Entry £1pp
- Bingo. Rifle Band Club, Kettering, 8.30-11.15pm.
- Iyengar Yoga. 9.30am to 10.45am, Perry Street – 07759 152986
- Northampton Morris Men. 8pm to 10pm. Ages 18 to 80. Never done it before? Don’t worry instruction is given. More info www.northamptonmorrismen.co.uk
- Gretton Netball. Plays purely for recreational purposes, is non-league based and is a fun way to exercise. No prior experience needed. All women over age 18 invited to come along. We meet on Multi Use Games Area at Recreation Ground, off Kirby Road, 7.25-8.30pm. £1.
- PETANQUE. Abington Park, near the Bowling Green, 10am-12noon. More details call 01604 642265
- Keep Fit & Coffee Morning. Weston Favell Parish Hall, 10am to 12pm
- Mums & Tots Group. St Mary’s Church, Little Harrowden, 9.30am.
- Monday Lunch Club & Bingo. Monks Park WMC, 259 Wellingborough Road, N’pton. 2.30pm.
- Just Voices Community Choir. 7pm to 8.30pm at Kingsthorpe Baptist Church, entrance from rear of Waitrose. Details – Stuart Jenkins 01604 455682
- Northampton Male Voice Choir. 7.30pm at Kingsley Park Methodist Church Hall (opp St Matthews Church), www.nmvc.co.uk
- Yoga for Well-Being. Spencer Dallington Community Ctr, Npton 9.30am to 11.30am. Free.
- Body Balance. Stanwick Village Hall, 1.30pm to 2.30pm. £4 a session. 07958 382720
- Iyengar Yoga. 7pm to 8.30pm, Perry Street – 07759 152986
- Line Dancing. Stanwick Village Hall 7.30pm.
- Natter Morning. Grange Resource Centre, Grange Shops, Stamford Road, Kettering, 10am-12noon.
- Absolute Beginners Dance Class. – Ballroom and Latin, Weston Favell CE Primary School, Westwood Way (off Wellingborough Road), Npton, 7-8pm. £7pp, singles welcome.
- Piccolos Music Club. Stanwick Village Hall, 1045-2.45pm. Singing, stories, games, dancing, puppets and learning. £4 entry, £2 for any extra siblings. More info www.piccolosmusicclub.co.uk or call 07990 615359. Tea and coffee provided for adults.
- Acoustics Night. Horseshoe Inn, Sheep St, Wellingborough, 9pm. Free entry.
- Jazz & Blues. Charles Bradlaugh, Npton, 8.30pm. Free entry
- Acoustic Session. The Cuckoos Nest, Clare Street, Npton, 8.30pm.
- Freight Train Jam Night. Thomas A Beckett, St James Road, Npton, 9pm.
- Legends Open Mic. Kitty O’Shea’s, St Peter’s Way, Npton, 8pm
- The Cherry Pickers. Malt Shovel Tavern, 121 Bridge Street, Npton, 8.45pm.
- Country Born. Country Music Scene, Headland Pub, Longland Road, Npton, 8.30pm.
- Craft Club. Knitting, stitching and cardmaking. Hazlewood Community Ctr, Gainsborough Road, Corby, 7pm to 9pm. 07910 989410
- Mums, Grannies, Childminders & Toddlers. Church Hall, Edinburgh Road, 1.30pm to 3pm. Nursery Rhymes and play.
- Apollo Badminton Club. Moulton School 7.30-9.30pm. Need new players, ideally with some experience. More info call Trevor 07425 171724
- Kingsthorpe Kobras Badminton Club. 7.30-9.30pm. Kingsthorpe College on Boughton Green Road. £5.
- Phil Hollis’ Mighty Music Quiz. The Lord Byron, Kingsley Park Terrace, Npton, 9pm
- Pilates for Beginners. Abington Bowling Club, 1.50-2.50pm. £5.
- Over 30s Sports Sessions. Multi Use Games Area, Gretton Recreational Ground, 7-8pm. Open to adults who would like to get fitter and meet other people. Sessions organised by Friends of Gretton Recreation Ground and run by a qualified sports coach from Corby Borough Council. £2 per session.
- Meet New People. Grange Resource Centre 10am-12noon. Grange Shops, Stamford Road, Kettering. Breakfasts, teas, coffees, all available to purchase.
- Bellydance Classes with Fulya. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre Church Rooms, 1 Church Lane. Beginners, 6.45-7.45pm £5 otd or £4 in a block in advance OR Advanced, 8-9.30pm £6 otd or £5 in a block in advance.
- The NAB Mobile Sight Centre. Desborough Town Centre, Co-op car park, Gladstone, 9.45am-11am AND Brixworth, outside Library, Spratton Road, 11.30am-12.45pm AND Moulton Village Autos, Stocks Hill, 1.30-2.30pm.
- Northampton Ramblers Morning Strollers Walk. (3 miles). Meet 10.30am White Hart, 39 High Street, Great Houghton, A circular walk along good paths & grassy tracks around Brackmills Woods. No stiles. A couple of inclines.
- Wellingborough Ramblers walk. (8.25 miles) from Brixworth. Meet The George PH, 9.30am. 07754 080061
- The Ramblers Northampton Morning Walk. Moderate (6 miles). Start 9.30am, Bartholomew Arms, Blakesley. Park considerately in the village as there is no car park at the pub. Pub lunch available after the walk.
- A K Disco’s Karaoke. O’Malleys Bar, Wellingborough Road, Npton, 8pm till late
- Jam Night. The Cardigan Arms, Moulton, 9pm to 12am
- Corby Male Voice Choir. 7.30pm, St Andrews Church of Scotland (Church Hall), Occupation Road, Corby. www.corbymalevoicechoir.co.uk
- Karaoke. The Fox & Quill, Npton, 8pm-late
- The Roy Hawksford Sound. The Stirrup Cup, Woodlands Avenue, Barton Seagrave, 9-11pm. Free.
- Greg Abate with Tad Newton’s Jazzfriends & Trevor Whiting. Walnut Tree Inn, Blisworth, NN7 3DS, 8pm. Special guest Lester Brown. £10 entry
- The Snail & The Whale. The Core at Corby Cube, 11am/2pm. Box Office 01536 470470
- Martial Art of Tang Soo Do. Kettering Leisure Village, 7pm – 9pm All welcome. www.tangsoo.net
- Towcester County Market. The Chantry House, Towcester, 8.30am to 12noon. All our items are genuinely baked, grown or crafted by local individuals and are “fairly traded”. We welcome browsers – our prices start at 50p
- Clubbercise Northampton with Marie. New dance fitness class set in a darkened room with disco lights & glow sticks. Caroline Chisholm School, 7.30-8.15pm. £6 a class. www.facebook.com/Mariesclubbercise
- Whist Drive. Boothville Village Hall, Npton. Doors open 7.15pm. Entry £3 otd. Tea & biscuits halftime. New members very welcome.
- Community Craft Club. For hand crafters of all levels, meet every Thurs, Kingfisher Hotel, Golf & Leisure Club, nr Deanshanger, 10.30am-12.30pm. Free.
- Natter Morning.Grange Resource Centre, Grange Shops, Stamford Road, Kettering, 10am-12noon. Come and have a chat, meet new people.
- The NAB Mobile Sight Centre. Oundle Town Centre, Co-op car park, St Osyths Lane, 10am-1pm
- Love Your Park. Brixworth Country Park. You are invited to get involved in our Community Litter Pick to help keep the park clean and tidy. 10am-2pm.
- Dragonfly Quiz Trail. Barnwell Country Park, 10am-4pm. As part of Dragonfly Week, answer our fun quiz trail to learn about these creatures that date back 3 million years. Quiz sheets £2 from Kingfisher Café.
- Beautiful Butterflies Quiz Trail. Sywell Country Park, 10am-4pm. Butterfly themed quiz trail. Follow the trail map and answer the questions to win a prize. Trail packs £2 from Pump House Café.
- Summer Quiz Trail. Irchester Country Park, 10am-4pm. Quiz sheets available from the Quarryman’s Rest Café £2.50.
- The Ramblers Northampton Evening Walk. Moderate (5 miles). Meet 7pm, the car park in front of Billing Mill, The Causeway, Great Billing
- Bradlaugh Fields Barn. Scavenger hunt, mini-beast activities, arts & crafts, fun and games, 12-4pm. Teddy bear picnic with prize for best dressed teddy.
- Disco and Karaoke. The Welcome Inn, Irchester Road, Rushden
- Live Music. Malt + Bass, 37 High Street, Corby Old Village, 7pm.
- J for Jazz. play “trad” at The Locks Inn, Foxton Locks, Nr Market Harborough, 12.30-2.30pm. Gig is free. Good food, lovely views and happy Jazz. Call 01162 791 515 to book a table if eating.
- 70s Soul & Funk Disco. Walnut Tree, Blisworth, 9pm. Free entry.
- Gem n Keys. Kingsley Park WMC, Npton
- Market Boy. Royal Auditorium, 7.45pm. Box Office 01604 624811
- The Snail & The Whale. The Core at Corby Cube, 11am/2pm. 01536 470470
- Street Dance Class. Stanwick Village Hall, 3.45pm to 4.45pm. £4
- Quiz Night. Shoulder of Mutton, Weldon, 8pm.
- Bingo. Liburd Room, Whilton Road, Kingsthorpe, 7.30pm to 9.45pm
- 8-16 Yrs Kingsthorpe Kobras Badminton Club. (Coaching), 5-6.30pm. £4/session. Kingsthorpe College (next to the Uni), Boughton Green Road. Call Jack on 07708 679452
- Martial Art of Tang Soo Do. Ringstead Village Hall, 6.30pm – 7.30pm. New children & family class. www.tangsoo.net
- Fitsteps Class. Kingsthorpe Baptist Church Hall, behind Waitrose, 10am
- Tai Chi. Duston Village Hall, Sycamore Road, 1.30pm to 2.30pm. £4.
- R-Zone Club. For young people aged 8-13 years at the Community Ctr, Olden Road, Rectory Farm, 5pm to 6pm. Contact Mel 07979 152746.
- Keep Fit & Coffee Morning. Weston Favell Parish Hall, 10am to 12pm
Craft Club. 11am to 3pm, Church Hall, St Peter & St Paul’s Church, Kettering. Bring your own craft project or take part in a demonstration workshop. For info call Sue Shipham 07733 341674. Admission £3 inc tea & coffee.
- Relax Kids. New course at Stanwick Village Hall, 10-11am. Songs to sing, games to play, dance, stretch and relax. 07972 680411.
- Learn to Dance. From Foxtrot to Lindy at, James Lewis Court, Cherry Orchard, 1.30pm
- Another Evening with Kevin Varty. Churchyards, Cemetries & Victorians: Black Feather to Black Underwear. All Saints Church, William Street, Kettering, 7.30pm. Tickets £4 (inc light refreshments). Raffle.
- The NAB Mobile Sight Centre. Northampton Abington Street, Close to Central Library, 9.30am-1pm
- Gretton Local History Society. Meet in the Village Hall, 7.30pm, with guest speaker David Harrison giving a presentation on “The Early Days Of Motoring”. GLHS members admitted free with visitors very welcome to attend for £3. Abington Park.Laughter workshop, Yoga session & exercise class, 12-2pm. Scavenger hunt (“The Gruffalo”) with hands-on activities in Abington Park Museum, 1-5pm.
- Karaoke Disco. Vocal Club, Bailiff Street, Npton, 8pm till late
- Live Music. Malt + Bass, 7 High Street, Corby Old Village, 7pm.
- Brafield Working Mens Club. A428, Julie Carr from 8pm.
- Kay T Daley. Northampton WMC, Sheep Street, Npton
- Tea Dance. Ballroom & Sequence – with or without partners. All Saints Church, William Street, Kettering, 2.30-4.30pm. £3
- Third Degree LeBurn. (Funk/Rock) Walnut Tree Inn, Blisworth, 9pm. Free entry
- Midsensation. Kingsley Park WMC, Npton
- Adam James Wilford. Rifle Band Club, Havelock Street, Kettering, 8.45-11.30pm. 7pm. Free.
- Russell Watson. Derngate Auditorium, 7.30pm. 01604 624811
- Bands In The Park. Marsh Gibbon Silver Band at Abington Park Bandstand, 2-5pm
- Social Evening Ballroom Dancing. Holy Sepulchre Church Rooms, Npton, 8-11pm. Rock ‘n’ Roll, Latin & Sequence. £4 otd, single people welcome.
- Market Boy. Royal Auditorium, 2.30pm/7.45pm. 01604 624811
- Military Fitness Class. For adults and children at Delapre Park, Northampton, 9.30am to 11am. For info www.bpt-uk.com
- Martial Art of Tang Soo Do. Kingsley School, 10am to 11.15am Children & family class. www.tangsoo.net
- Saturday Stage Stars. For 5-8 years at Stanwick Village Hall, 11.15am. £10.50 per week. 45 mins drama, 45 mins Jazz dance, 45 mins singing. Call Lucy 07788 983403
- Harrington Aviation Museum. – come and learn about Spies, Supplies & Dangerous Skies. Covert Warfare in World War 2. Open 10am to 5pm (Sundays also)
- The Ramblers Northampton Peak District Walk. Moderate (13 miles). Start 7pm, The Turnpike, Harpole Turn, Weedon Road. Start DE6 2AF Wetton car park and PC. Pub stop likely. Walking via Grindon and Butterton. Maximum car sharing. Unsuitable for dogs.
- The Ramblers Northampton Afternoon Walk. Moderate (5.5 miles). Start 2pm, Braunston Church, High Street. No stiles!
- Kettering’s Got Talent. Presented by The Rotary Club of Kettering in conjunction with Kettering Old Grammar School Foundation. See and hear local students performing, featuring dancers and musicians. 7pm, Salvation Army in Rockingham Road, Tickets £5 from Tony Robbs 01536 710218. Tea & biscuits included.
- Wellingborough Ramblers walk. (8.5 miles) from Upper Benefield. Meet nr Benefield Wheatsheaf, 10am. 07740 995707
- Kettering Civic Society Coffee Morning. Toller Meeting Rooms, Meeting Lane, Kettering, 10am-12noon.
- The Great British Food Festival. Kelmarsh Hall (& Jul 24), 10am-5pm. Various demos and entertainment for all the family. More info www.greatbritishfoodfestival.com/kelmarsh.asp
- 1st Roade Scout Group Family Fun Day. Roade Village Hall, Bailey Brooks Lane, noon. Celebrating their 60th Anniversary.
- Roade Local History Society. (RLHS) exhibitions, celebrating the world’s first night navigation flight and a re-run of most of the Roade in 1911 exhibition part of the Family Fun Day in Roade Village Hall. Free.
- The Vintage Jumble. St Matthew’s, 27A The Drive, 11am-3pm. Old style tea room and homemade cakes. Stalls inside and outside. £1 entry (children free). 07827 228747
- Finedon Local History Society Exhibition. About the work of Finedon Urban District Council 1895-1935. Heritage Centre, 71 High Street, Finedon, 2-4pm (Sat & Sun until Aug Bank Holiday). Free entry.
- Bullit’s Karaoke. The Welcome Inn, Irchester Road, Rushden
- Karaoke. Jekyll & Hyde, Wellingborough Road, Npton, 8pm
- Bingo and Hoy. Queens Park WMC, Npton
- Navy and Marine Club. Lorne Road, Northampton. Entertainment every Sunday from 8pm. Free.
- Brafield Working Mens Club. A428, Bobby Daniels from 8pm.
- Tony Gee’s Motown & Soul Disco. Monks Park WMC, Npton, 4pm
- Memphis Blue. Sunday Sessions at The Headland, Longland Road, Npton, 2-5pm
- Eblana String Trio. Harrington Church, 3pm. Tickets £13 (£6.50). Tea & cakes. www.harringtonconcerts.org
- Just Keith. Kingsley Park WMC, Npton
- Fiori Musicali Chamber Orchestra. Plays music by Vivaldi, Telemann, Tortini, Mann & Bach. Directed by Penelope Rapson. St Mary Magdalene’s Church, Castle Ashby, 7.30pm. £25 & £20 www.fiori-musicali.com or 0333 666 3366
- Badminton Club. (16+) – Every Sunday at Duston Sports Centre, Npton. For more info call Jay 07946 631449
- Fotheringhay Village Hall. Sunday Tea, 3pm to 5.30pm. Tea and Cake £2.50.
- Quiz. The Walnut Tree Inn, Blisworth, 8pm. Teams of 4, £1pp admission. Cash prize.
- Yoga Class. The Elgar Centre, 1A High Street, Upton, 10am to 11.15am Bring yoga mat, water and blanket. £7, £5.50 concessions for students and those on a pension.
- Village Hall Teas. Homemade cakes and scones, at Kings Cliffe Village Hall, 2-4.30pm.
- The Ramblers Northampton Circular Day Walk. Moderate (12.5 miles). Start 9.30am, Hellidon, nr Stockwell Lane. Meet at triangular junction. Alfresco lunch at Badby, possible tea room. Walk via Charwelton, Fawsley, Badby, Staverton & Catesby.
- Cottesbrooke Garden Fete. Garden of Cottesbrooke Hall, 2-5.30pm. Attractions inc entertainer, cream teas, pony rides, side stalls, bouncy castle, homemade produce and more. Fun for all the family. Entry £3 adults/50p children under 14. Proceeds in aid of All Saints Church. Cottesbrooke.
- Northampton Ramblers Morning Walk. (5.5 miles). Meet 10am nr the C of E School, School Lane, Sherington, Walking part of Ouse Valley Way through hill plantation and Tyringham village. One stile. If stopping for lunch, please make your own arrangements (White Hart, Sherington 01908 611953).
- Who wants ice cream?. Fun Colour Rush and Gallone’s have teamed up to spread more fun throughout Northampton! If you’re looking for a family friendly, fun packed, colour drenched, sporting event then look no further than Abington Park, 9.30am. More info and to book your place www.funcolourrush.co.uk